Monday, July 19, 2010

A weekend in review...

There was a lot errand-running this weekend, and -- of course, a weekend shouldn't go by where I don't have to do some form of an event or some sort of task for a wedding.

This weekend, I was down in the exciting town of Gardnerville for my dear friend Michelle's wedding shower. It was a great little party put on by her oh-so-creative aunt and cousin. First, we had to provide recipes along with our RSVP and her aunt created a cookbook filled with loving recipes from her family and friends. Next, we show up and it's a classic tea party chock full of scones and Devonshire cream, tea and cute little sandwiches (no crust, of course). Check out her wedding site: http://bit.ly/b3Hsvp  ---- Pictures to be posted soon.

Speaking of soon-to-be-posted photos. I'll be posting the weekend prior's photos of wedding festivities hosted by my two beautiful newlywed friends, Lindsay and Faustin.

Aside from my bridesmaid duties, I was also able to spend some time with my favorite this weekend. It's been awhile since we've had some serious quality time together. I must say, we seem to be able to have fun no matter what we do. First was a stop at Farmer's Market in South Reno. We slept in so we almost missed it. But we were able to sneak away with some Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato Raviloi and Fire Roasted Tomato and Basil Gnocchi.

Afterward, we baked in the sun for a couple of hours and then went to see Inception. A fantastic movie but the best part was definitely coming home, cuddling on the couch and watching trashy reality television.

Now it's home to cook some of that fantastic Gnocchi in a fontina cream sauce (Recipe here: http://bit.ly/ahBk5z) and enjoy a nice bottle of Chianti. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment