Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another day in Jersey...

I’m a little disappointed with this week’s episode but, as always, it looks like it’s just prepping us for the drama that will ensue next week. So let’s just dig into what happened…

I have to admit that while I didn’t like Melissa and Joe Gorga in the first episode, I’m learning to love them. They are a cute couple. They seem to just adore each other and I think it’s sweet. I like when married couples are supportive of each other and I think that she is supporting him reconciling with Teresa and he supports her in starting her singing career.

Caroline and Albert are the same way and look at how well that turned out. He’s still supporting her starting a new career because he knows she is missing something with her kids gone. Though, I think it’s odd that they talk about “empty nest syndrome” but they still have Lauren at home.

So I think it’s ridiculous that just because Ashley wants a car, she is getting one. I really like Jacqueline but I feel like she doesn’t stick up for herself enough when it comes to Chris going around/above her when it comes to Ashley. I get that sometimes it isn’t worth the argument but I think this is a pretty big deal. Ashley thinks she deserves a car because she “isn’t in rehab.” Since when should people be rewarded for not doing something bad? I thought you are supposed to get rewarded for doing good – for going above and beyond. Even the way she acts in the car dealership is ridiculous. She is beyond spoiled. She’ll have to get a reality check sooner or later – once mommy and daddy stop coming to her rescue.

I don’t know how I feel about Kathy yet but I’m a little surprised by the contracts that she and Rich make their kids create and sign. I was truly caught off guard by it, but in the end it made me realize that it allowed the kids to open up to their parents.

It’s still sad to see the tension and awkwardness between Teresa, her brother and the entire family. I agree with Melissa that the impact it’s having on the kids is the worst part. Seeing their first true attempt to work this all out will be interesting next week and hopefully a little more entertaining! Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment