Monday, February 7, 2011

This week, on The Bachelor: One man, seven women and a psychopath.

You have to love the cheesy voiceover with the signature “bachelor” solo shot where they reflect on their feelings and where they stand so far. But truly, Costa Rica is beautiful. I think I’ve found my next vacation destination.

I love that Michelle is so crazy. She seriously wished a monkey-attack on Chantal. But just in case there aren’t any killer monkeys around, apes will do. And then for her to call Chantal aggressive is just great. If you live in a glass house – come on, really?

Zip lining seemed like fun but we didn’t really get to see too much interaction. The rain in Costa Rica is crazy. It happens so quickly. So instead of a picnic, we move right into a semi-strange, uncomfortable setting (at least for the viewers) where Chantal is half-dressed in a man’s shirt and Brad’s serving dessert in his pajamas. It’s just weird.

And then it’s on to another awkward group date. I just have one question – why is Brad wearing Velcro sandals? I mean, sneakers would have done just fine, I’m sure. That would be enough for me to say “please send me home.” But what makes this date better? They’ve created a group version of Michelle’s one-on-one and she is beyond mad. Now this is entertainment.

Now, Emily is great but I really think her feelings are moving too slowly for this show. But it’s funny how she is open and honest about how she sabotages relationships and then he questions it. So I wonder…does he really want people to be honest or does he only want someone to be honest if it’s what he wants to hear?

Michelle is truly crazy. If she’s this possessive now, I can only imagine how she’ll be as a wife. She should definitely be in a padded cell somewhere. I’m really interested to see what happens when she “takes matters into her own hands.”

The cave date was pretty crazy and beautiful at the same time but I really just don’t see the connection. It seems like Alli has a crush and Brad just doesn’t feel it. And that conversation about her ex and why he wasn’t “the one” made it even worse. Obviously when he said “I know exactly how you feel,” he was referring to his feelings for her. For her to go on and on about how she feels, she really just wasn’t getting it. I almost felt bad for her. Almost.

I love how the bags being pulled away causes all the girls to gasp in shock when just two minutes ago they were all voting that they think she would go home.

Of course Michelle just shows up and invites herself over when Brad needs some alone time. Has she never seen this show before? The woman who tells the guy what decisions he should make always goes home. If it’s “up to him,” why do you keep telling him which girls to send home?

The silent game doesn’t really make for good TV but Shawntell was smart to come up with a cutesy way to make him relax and have fun. Drama and crap talking about one girl behind her back does make for good TV. I do like that this group is so honest with one another.

And the results are in. Drum roll please…and, Michelle is left standing as the last two. So close but he decides to keep the crazy around for at least one more episode. He actually sounded like he regretted saying her name. Oh well. Wishful thinking. I guess we’ll just have to see what happens next week – well, what they don’t show in the preview, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment