Monday, January 31, 2011

Big day blues, boobs and bye-byes

No one else but Atlanta could pull off opening a season finale with a full out drag queen concert and I loved every minute of it. Ok, maybe Vegas could pull it off. Perhaps that’s why I liked it so much.

So Cynthia says when she got back from Florida, she tried to not think about any of her problems and just focus on the wedding. Maybe I’m confused but I was pretty sure the wedding was the problem. Maybe she finally agrees with me that the real problem is the groom.

I get so frustrated listening to Kandi talk to Kim. I feel like she just needs to spit out how she really feels. Tell her she wronged you, treated you badly and consistently acts unappreciative of everything you’ve done for her. And Kim’s explanation of how the money should be split is hilarious! The producers only spend two days on it and she has to go perform it. The best – she “had” to get a boob job to look good on stage. She can’t be serious! I hope Kandi reacts to that on the reunion.

While Sheree’s audition wasn’t that great, they were really tough on her. I feel like they did that just to spite her because of the cameras. That’s really unfair. She’s not a great actress but they were really cruel.

On to the Big Day! So I don’t get what the big deal was on Kithe telling Cynthia he had a car ready if she wanted to run. That’s a normal joke. And it’s just that – a joke. But obviously people are picking up on her true unhappiness. It is definitely more than stress. Isn’t a wedding day supposed to be happy? I feel like I’m watching a funeral.

And I must say this – a mother always knows. She sees right through the situation. It’s just sad that it took until the days leading up and day of the wedding for her family to tell her how they feel. When a marriage starts off badly, how is it supposed to end well? When people can’t communicate, which Peter has proven he can’t, you can’t have a strong relationship.

Take a look at Greg and Nene. Dishonesty and disloyalty are results of a complete lack of communication. Sometimes it’s too little too late but who really wants to wait until that point?

Kim’s boobs were seriously about to pop out of her dress and I truly wonder how many cigarettes she smoked in that one hour while she got ready. I can imagine her house smells like an ashtray.

So the marriage license is “missing.” Both Cynthia’s sister and her mom are debating whether or not to sabotage the wedding by not giving the license to Cynthia. Isn’t it a sign when your own family doesn’t want you to get married? I wonder how Peter will feel when he sees the playback of this episode – knowing his mother- and sister-in-law dislike him that much.

What is with all of the boobage at this wedding? Between Kim and Nene we could start a baby-feeding factory. Phaedra definitely gets best dressed.

But it all came down to the end – the look in Peter’s eyes. It made me remember why I love weddings. Though, I could have done without the extra ear, I mean bow next to Cynthia’s head.

Season wrap-up notes:

Nene – I hope you get your happy back girl! Seriously, drama or not, she’s still my favorite.

Kandi – I truly hope she makes it in music and one day finds the courage to tell Kim how she really feels. And I really hope they capture that moment on camera so I can watch.

Phaedra – I think she’s the only housewife that has it altogether – a husband, a family and a career. I know we’ve had our differences but as long as her baby isn’t on display at the baptism, I think we’ll be alright.

Sheree – After all that hard work and dealing with mean panels during auditions, she might actually make it in acting. Good for her! It’s nice to see a woman be successful independent of a man.

Kim – I love that she has to house hunt for a new home to fit one extra person. Her daughter’s room is the size of my apartment but I guess it would be too much to ask for people to live in such close quarters. I wonder if her baby will come out of the womb with a wig on.

Cynthia – I’m glad she and Peter worked things out and are still happily married. I truly wish the best in life for people who deserve it and I think she’s a good person - from what I can tell on television anyway.

The yelling, the screaming, the drama – can’t wait for the reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment