Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Reality

I recently had a revelation that maybe I should put my reality TV addiction to good use. I know I'm a few days behind but who truly has time to watch TV as it airs? So I just watched this week's airing of Real Housewives of Atlanta and I was less than impressed. Although, next week's episode looks much more interesting.

Now onto Phaedra and her southern style "sip and see?" Really? I don't know what's more fake - Phaedra's "traditional southern ways" or Kim's hair! Nothing seems more genuine than putting your newborn baby on display while a bunch of adults get drunk and mingle like they actually like each other. And finally, we're on episode one million and five and she opens up about her husband's past. I love that these people forget everything they say and do is on national television. Like we wouldn't eventually find out that he really is a convict.

Oh Kim. Going on tour. She's ridiculous. Whoever told this woman she has any sort of talent should be shot. Really. And who hangs out in their bathrobe with a full face of makeup, completely accessorized? With a single called "The Ring Didn't Mean a Thing," you would think she would take the ring off.

I really like this Don Juan character. He has no problem making fun of Kim to her face and I'm loving every minute of it. The Hungry Hippo would have been a great idea for the name of a bar if it wasn't already a child's game. I did ignore that so I could get a good little chuckle at Kim's expense. I hope they keep this guy around for at least another couple of episodes to make it interesting.

That girl is truly ridiculous. "I knew that song was going to be a hit from the moment I heard it." Really? Does she really believe that? After all that crap she gave Kandi about how she didn't like it? Nothing's going to sound good when it's coming out of her mouth. Accept and move on.

Alright, Cynthia and Peter - word to the wise and to you: If you need a pre-marriage counselor, and you get in a huge, raging battle in front of him, perhaps marriage isn't the answer. Peter is so controlling and Cynthia's insecurities feed right into that. It's a ridiculous relationship and I'm sad for myself that I'm forced to watch it. Well, maybe not forced, but you know what I mean.

So...until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy the festivities of my favorite mess of filthy rich housewives from Beverly Hills tomorrow night. Stay tuned for the next Reali-T Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment