Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reunions of the rich and famous - part I

I have been beyond excited for this reunion of the fabulous housewives of Beverly Hills. First I must comment on the outfits so we’ll just break it down, shall we?

Adrienne – Love the dress. It’s simple but sexy. The bracelet is great. The shoes are to die for! But those earrings?! They looked like skeletons. Not sure I liked them.

Kim – I appreciate the tights because I know what we’re working with but I’m not sure I like the sheer black. The dress is simple. Overall, she’s not too overdone but not too boring.

Camille – I feel like it was a less exciting version of her dress she wore in the show opener. She looked pretty but it wasn't anything spectacular.

Lisa – I was truly expecting something so out-of-the-park and I think she really nailed it in an unexpected way. That jewelry is fabulous and the belt on the dress is incredible. Well done. As usual.

Taylor – Taylor looked really pretty but just that. Nothing too glamorous or exciting and after spending 60 grand on a four year old girl’s birthday, I was expecting a little more.

Kyle – Leave the leaves on the tree. I think it could work but the leaves on the shoulders and then the earrings right there as well – it’s all too much.

I was slightly disappointed when they went right into drilling Camille. I thought we’d get some of the easy stuff out of the way first. Then I realized, if this is what they’re starting with, the rest of the show is going to be damn good.

And, ladies, don’t think we didn’t notice the side glances from all of you as Camille went on about the only reason she did the show was because of Kelsey. Oh, I’m sorry – Kelsey Grammer. I wouldn’t want anyone to get confused as to which Kelsey I’m referring to, right Camille?

All-in-all, I still feel bad for what Camille had to go through. It’s one of those things you have to accept when you allow cameras to come into your life but it’s still rough and I think she’s handled it, for the most part, with composure, class and just the right amount of vulnerability.

Now I really don’t get the whole Taylor and Kim battle royale. You don’t like each other so just stop trying to be friends and just be civil. And that part of the show ended so awkwardly. I think Kim was afraid to speak in fear she might say something stupid (which is very possible).

I loved the montage of Lisa’s clips. It brought me back to some of my favorite one-liners of the show. And then there’s the DMV. I don’t blame Lisa for being scared at the DMV. Anyone should be, really. It has nothing to do with rich or poor. I am fearful at the DMV and I probably couldn’t afford one bead on Lisa’s necklace.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it once again – I don’t think there is anything wrong with Adrienne’s marriage. Not that anyone is accusing them of anything but I agree with what Adrienne said: “It’s real.” And it definitely is. Perfection is not the norm. No one is ever always happy and I wouldn’t want to be. It’s the disagreements and the hard times that make you stronger. Moving away from my savvy relationship advice, I have to say it’s hilarious that someone asked Lisa how much she thinks Adrienne is worth.

It had to be discussed! The dispute we’ve wanted to see hashed out. Finally! So here we go. Wow. Intense! What bothers me is that I guess I was under the false impression that no one on these reality shows spoke unless a camera was around. Bravo, you have let me down. Take note from The Bachelor (who I believe has those rules in place) and stop the off-camera conversations. This whole situation could have been avoided. So after back and forth comments and snide remarks who is to blame? Could the argument have ended in New York after Kyle “made peace” if Taylor would have shut her big lips? I think that’s possible but not what would have ensued. These are six very wealthy, somewhat selfish women who are always looking out for number one. I think the cattiness would have continued regardless.

And the Kyle/Camille war continues next week when we also get to find out if Kim has a drinking problem. See you then!

P.S. Bethenny Ever After premieres Feb. 28 – what a great birthday present! I can think of no better way to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment